Обо мне

Моя фотография
I'm originally from Murmansk (Russia), where there are polar night, polar day and polar bears.

четверг, 15 апреля 2010 г.

A blog is a “simple life” on the Internet

Everyone is right
I’m still excited by last class’s discussion about the attitudes of blogs and the best examples of blogs. It’s really good theme because everyone is right.  Why?  I think the opinion depends on the point of view only, there are no objective criteria.  It’s like the well known example of a glass with water: is it half empty or half full? I’ll state my right opinion about blogs, too.

A little area similar to big media
Big or mainstream media uses blogging according to their preference. They prefer some famous blogger who chooses the agenda similar to big media,  someone who will comment on major events. He doesn’t have bias however he knows very well about theme journalists cannot investigate. He doesn’t confuse facts and opinions. He checks facts.  The blogs is updated regularly.  His style is balanced and he writes without mistakes. A design of blogs is faultless as a suit of the diplomat. The comments are polite. This blog is a little area similar to big media. I’m ready to call this good journalism.

Journalism or not?
But I don’t think it’s unique or the best model that has been required by our times. How about funny creations of 102 years old grandmother or 11 years old boy?   Is it not journalism?  Why not if they collect and distribute news and have worldwide audience? We search and search the ultimate argument to put such blogs in the appropriate shelf. Journalism or not?

I guess this ultimate argument is postmodernism
One of the postmodernist postulates is that an idea there isn’t a difference between great art of geniuses and products of amateurs in the culture. According to this statement everybody has the right to publish their creative works.  If we accept this, our point of view towards blogs will change.   Unjournalistic blogs become as important as big media’s blogs. But that’s yet not all.

Like vabi-sabi
We stop applying journalism criteria to blogs such as separating facts from opinions and uninvolvement, such as good style and beautiful design.
A blog  does not have to have the professional design. A Japanese tea ceremony does not have the beautiful tea pot. That's the rule. Blogs is like vabi-sabi.  A blog is a “simple life” on the Internet.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий